'Bubba Golf' making its way to Thailand in December
- By Ryan Lavner
- Nov 5, 2012 9:09 AM ET
The Asian Tour event, scheduled for Dec. 6-9, features a stellar field, with Watson searching for his first international victory alongside Westwood, Sergio Garcia, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwartzel, Hunter Mahan and Ryo Ishikawa, among others.
The tournament will be held at Amata Spring Country Club in Bangkok, which last week hosted the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship, won by 14-year-old Tianlang Guan.
“Lee won it last year and he said it was a great event and he enjoyed his time there,” Watson said in a release. “I heard there are some islands that are beautiful, and I would like to do some sightseeing.”
In 12 worldwide starts since winning The Masters, Watson has recorded only three top-10 finishes. He was 33rd last week at the WGC-HSBC Champions, and on Monday he dropped out of the top 10 in the world – he is now No. 11 – for the first time since the Arnold Palmer Invitational, his final start before he won the Masters.
Said Watson, “I’m looking forward to going to the Thailand Golf Championship and challenging myself and challenging the golf course and trying to beat some of the best players in the world.”
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path