AUGUSTA, Ga. – Bubba Golf has gone green. Masters green.
I wrote a month ago at the WGC-Cadillac Championship that Bubba Watson was a “pink-driver hitting, long bombing, General Lee driving, Doral hating, swing-for-the-fences, shot-shaping, left-handed son of a gun.”
Add Masters’ champion to that. With so much history on these hallowed grounds perhaps there’s never been a better match.
“I’ve never had a dream go this far, so I can’t really say it’s a dream come true,” Watson said. “I don’t even know what happened on the back nine.”
Try to explain.
“I know I made bogey on 12 and then I birdied four holes in a row,” he said. “Nervous on every shot, every putt. Went into a playoff. I got in these trees and hit a crazy shot that I saw in my head and somehow I’m here talking to you with a green jacket on.”
In a nutshell, that’s Bubba Golf. Bubba Golf is a Masters champion.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process