CROMWELL, Conn. – Weather delays have plagued the Travelers Championship for a third straight year, twice impinging upon Friday’s second round.
The first suspension due to lightning in the area came at 12:50 p.m. ET and lasted for one hour, 10 minutes. Play then resumed for one hour, 19 minutes before the round was suspended once again for the same reason. This time, players were ushered off the course.
At the time of the second delay, defending champion Fredrik Jacobson holds the lead after scores of 65-66. Nathan Green and Charley Hoffman, each still playing his second round, are tied for second place at 8-under, one behind the leader.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management