CROMWELL, Conn. – Weather delays have plagued the Travelers Championship for a third straight year, twice impinging upon Friday’s second round.
The first suspension due to lightning in the area came at 12:50 p.m. ET and lasted for one hour, 10 minutes. Play then resumed for one hour, 19 minutes before the round was suspended once again for the same reason. This time, players were ushered off the course.
At the time of the second delay, defending champion Fredrik Jacobson holds the lead after scores of 65-66. Nathan Green and Charley Hoffman, each still playing his second round, are tied for second place at 8-under, one behind the leader.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path