It will be an all-American final Sunday afternoon at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship. See who advanced to the finals at Dove Mountain:
(6) Matt Kuchar def. (11) Jason Day, 4 and 3: The reigning Players champion erased an early deficit by winning Nos. 4, 6, 8 and 9 to take a 3-up lead at the turn. Kuchar has seen the 17th hole only once this week, during his second-round victory over Sergio Garcia. By reaching the finals, he added to his already-stellar record in this event, reaching at least the quarterfinals each of the past three years. His previous-best result here was a third-place finish in 2011. “I did a good job of putting it in the fairway and putting the pressure on Jason,” Kuchar said afterward.
(6) Hunter Mahan def. (3) Ian Poulter, 4 and 3: The defending champion here never trailed in defeating Poulter, whose career match-play record entering this match was 33-10-4. Mahan had a 2-up lead at the turn, then punctuated his victory with a chip-in birdie from behind the 12th green. He got another win when Poulter bogeyed No. 14, then closed him out with a birdie on the short 15th. Mahan, who has now played 166 consecutive holes without trailing, became only the third defending champion to reach the finals, joining Geoff Ogilvy (2007) and Tiger Woods (2004).
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Round 2 concludes; Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots