Check and check.
Wi roared out to an opening nine of 30, which featured just nine putts, on his way to a first-round 64 and a one-stroke lead at the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic on Thursday.
As for that maiden ride down Magnolia Lane he is currently projected 29th in earnings after starting the week 45th.
For the record Wi kept any other milestones in check on a cool, breezy day at Walt Disney World, like winning his first Tour title or even shooting a 59 despite his blistering start.
“I never think about 59,” said Wi, whose game started clicking after playing in K.J. Choi’s event last month in Korea. “On a par-72 (course) it is really difficult to think about that.”
Tags: Charlie Wi
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots