Check and check.
Wi roared out to an opening nine of 30, which featured just nine putts, on his way to a first-round 64 and a one-stroke lead at the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic on Thursday.
As for that maiden ride down Magnolia Lane he is currently projected 29th in earnings after starting the week 45th.
For the record Wi kept any other milestones in check on a cool, breezy day at Walt Disney World, like winning his first Tour title or even shooting a 59 despite his blistering start.
“I never think about 59,” said Wi, whose game started clicking after playing in K.J. Choi’s event last month in Korea. “On a par-72 (course) it is really difficult to think about that.”
Tags: Charlie Wi
- Woods draws Els, Rose at Bay Hill | Tee times
- Woods, Vonn say they're dating | Meet Lindsey
- Watson: 'Major' Ryder Cup announcement Wed.
- Report: Haney impressed by Tiger this year
- Fantasy: Bay Hill rankings, fact pack and picks
- Notes: Arnie passes on exemption for grandson
- Lewis inks deal | New No. 1 | Donates $50K
- Lewis wins Founders; No. 1 | Scores | Mell
- Land finally being cleared for 2016 Olympic course
- LPGA's Recari promotes eating disorder awareness
- Holmes fractures ankle in rollerblading accident
- Weekly Fix: Curing the dreaded two-way miss