Check and check.
Wi roared out to an opening nine of 30, which featured just nine putts, on his way to a first-round 64 and a one-stroke lead at the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic on Thursday.
As for that maiden ride down Magnolia Lane he is currently projected 29th in earnings after starting the week 45th.
For the record Wi kept any other milestones in check on a cool, breezy day at Walt Disney World, like winning his first Tour title or even shooting a 59 despite his blistering start.
“I never think about 59,” said Wi, whose game started clicking after playing in K.J. Choi’s event last month in Korea. “On a par-72 (course) it is really difficult to think about that.”
Tags: Charlie Wi
- SCORING: Bahamas LPGA | Senior PGA Champ.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots