Wie not helping Solheim Cup case at LPGA Founders
- By Randall Mell
- Mar 15, 2013 8:15 PM ET
With an even par 72 in the second round, Wie missed the cut by four shots. Her second missed cut of this young season.
If the American team were decided today, Wie wouldn’t be among the automatic qualifiers.
The Solheim Cup is scheduled Aug. 16-18 at Colorado Golf Club.
There is plenty of time to make the team, with 14 more events left before qualifying ends. The top eight on the U.S. Solheim Cup points list make the team at the conclusion of the Ricoh Women’s British Open. The top two Americans in the Rolex Women’s World Rankings who aren’t already qualified off the points list also automatically make the team. There will also be two captain’s picks.
Wie is tied for 10th on the American points list and is fourth on the world rankings list.
Here is the American Solheim Cup points list (top 8 qualify):
1. Stacy Lewis 617
2. Cristie Kerr 294
3. Paula Creamer 292
4. Angela Stanford 234
5. Brittany Lincicome 215
6. Lexi Thompson 168
7. Brittany Lang 154
8. Jessica Korda 109
9. Katie Futcher 97
10. Michelle Wie 93
10. Vicky Hurst 93
Here’s the American Solheim Cup world rankings list (top two qualify):
1. Morgan Pressel (No. 46)
2. Lizette Salas (No. 58)
3. Danielle Kang (No. 61)
4. Michelle Wie (No. 77)
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots