ORLANDO, Fla. – Martin Laird knows how to make an introduction.
Laird, the Scotsman and defending champ at Bay Hill this week, never met Arnold Palmer before winning his event last year. They first met when Palmer shook Laird’s hand coming off the 18th green as the Arnold Palmer Invitational winner.
“That made it a little more special coming off the last green,” Laird said. “Never even shook his hand before, and all of a sudden he’s there awarding me the trophy for winning his tournament.”
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae