Woods adds playoff-opener Barclays to schedule
- By Ryan Lavner
- Aug 13, 2012 3:21 PM ET
Tiger Woods, the leader in the season-long FedEx Cup points race, is ready to start the playoffs.
As expected, Woods has committed to play next week’s Barclays event, the first of four events in the FedEx Cup playoffs. The Aug. 23-26 playoff opener will be held at Bethpage State Park in Farmingdale, N.Y., site of Woods’ 2002 U.S. Open victory.
Woods, the 2009 FedEx Cup champion, has held the top spot in the points race since his victory at the AT&T National in July.
Last year, Woods didn’t even qualify for the season-ending playoffs, finishing the regular season at No. 129 in points (top 125 qualify). In 2010, he played the first three playoff events but did not advance to the Tour Championship.
Tags: Tiger Woods
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark won't 'roll over'