Woods adds playoff-opener Barclays to schedule
- By Ryan Lavner
- Aug 13, 2012 3:21 PM ET
Tiger Woods, the leader in the season-long FedEx Cup points race, is ready to start the playoffs.
As expected, Woods has committed to play next week’s Barclays event, the first of four events in the FedEx Cup playoffs. The Aug. 23-26 playoff opener will be held at Bethpage State Park in Farmingdale, N.Y., site of Woods’ 2002 U.S. Open victory.
Woods, the 2009 FedEx Cup champion, has held the top spot in the points race since his victory at the AT&T National in July.
Last year, Woods didn’t even qualify for the season-ending playoffs, finishing the regular season at No. 129 in points (top 125 qualify). In 2010, he played the first three playoff events but did not advance to the Tour Championship.
Tags: Tiger Woods
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process