Woods drops to third highest-paid athlete in the world
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jun 19, 2012 12:48 PM ET
Tiger Woods is no longer sports’ highest-grossing earner, according to Forbes magazine.
In its annual list of the top 100 highest-paid athletes, Woods ranked third, behind boxers Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.
Woods had held the top spot since 2001.
Forbes reports that Mayweather earned $85 million off his two fights last year. Pacquiao was second on the list with $62 million.
Woods reportedly made $59.4 million, a drop of $16 million from the previous year and half of what he earned during his peak in 2009, mostly due to endorsement deals.
Phil Mickelson was seventh on the list, with $47.8 million; Luke Donald 48th, with $22.2 million. Rory McIlroy and Ernie Els tied for 91st, with $17.4 million.
Tags: Tiger Woods
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process