SAN FRANCISCO – Tiger Woods knows how to pack for Moving Day.
Woods has posted scores under par in the third round in 12 of his 14 major championship triumphs. He has never posted a round over par on a Saturday in his major championship wins. He was even par in his other two Saturday rounds when winning.
Woods' scoring average is an impressive 68.28 in the third round of his major championship victories.
That Woods is a strong front runner in majors is well documented as he has won all 14 of his majors after gaining the 54-hole lead, or a share of the 54-hole lead.
In his three U.S. Open victories, Woods’ scoring average is 70.33 in the third round.
Woods shot 1-under-par 70 on Saturday when he won the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines in ’08, even par 70 on Saturday when he won at Bethpage Black and even par 71 on Saturday when he won at Pebble Beach.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots