AKRON, Ohio – Despite rumors that Tiger Woods would add next week’s Wyndham Championship to his schedule should he need more FedEx Cup points to qualify for the playoffs, he revealed on Sunday that he would not compete in the event due to “family obligations.”
Woods entered the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational at No. 135 on the points list and moved up to 124th on that list going into the PGA Championship. The top 125 will advance to The Barclays, and the Wyndham – one week after the PGA – is the final chance for players to advance.
Woods has never before played in the Greensboro, N.C.-based tournament in his career.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process