Woods under par after opening nine holes at PGA
- By Jay Coffin
- Aug 9, 2012 11:36 AM ET
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – Tiger Woods, who began the first round of the PGA Championship on the 10th hole, shot 1-under 35 on his opening nine holes Thursday which puts him three shots behind leader Carl Pettersson.
Woods birdied the 12th hole, bogeyed the next two, and then birdied the 15th hole. He made a 25-foot birdie putt on No. 18 to turn with momentum.
Woods was criticized at the British Open three weeks ago for not hitting driver enough off the tee at Royal Lytham & St. Annes. That’s not a problem here at the Ocean Course. He’s hit driver five times already and only missed one fairway with the big stick.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots