Yang calls Melbourne's greens 'monstrous', 'unfair'
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Nov 16, 2011 11:12 AM ET
Y.E. Yang may not feel like he has much of a home-field advantage at the Presidents Cup.
"I don't know what Royal Melbourne has done, but these are probably the toughest greens I've ever played on," Yang said Wednesday through an interpreter. "If you just lose your focus for a split second, you can make bogey or double or triple. You can three-putt easily."
Yang stopped short of calling the Alister MacKenzie course impossible.
"I want to say they are unfair, really, because they seem unfair to me but it all comes down to where you're playing your second shot or your third shot, where you're landing the ball on the green, and on some lies on the green," he said.
"(T)he greens are just monstrous, really."
Watch wall-to-wall coverage of the Presidents Cup live on Golf Channel. Tournament air times: Golf Channel Thursday 7:30PM-2AM, Friday 4PM-midnight and Saturday 6:30PM-12:30AM. NBC coverage Saturday at 8AM and Sunday at noon. (Note: all times are ET)
PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem announced Wednesday that South Korea will host the 2015 Presidents Cup. Read More
The top-ranked teams in the country will be well-represented at this year's Palmer Cup, to be played in June. Read More
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth