FT. WORTH, Texas – Here’s everything that You Oughta Know entering Sunday’s final round of the Crowne Plaza Invitational:
With a victory on Sunday at Colonial Jason Dufner, who won last week’s Byron Nelson Championship up the road in Dallas, will become the first player since Ben Hogan in 1946 to win the DFW Slam.
Dufner can move as high as sixth in the Official World Golf Ranking with a victory on Sunday depending on how Hunter Mahan, Justin Rose (BMW PGA), Charl Schwartzel (BMW PGA), Martin Kaymer (BMW PGA) and Graeme McDowell (BMW PGA) finish.
A victory would make Dufner the only three-time winner on Tour this year. Hunter Mahan (two) is the only other player with multiple victories.
Johnson, the 2010 Colonial champion, has posted his last 15 rounds at Colonial in the 60s dating to the first round in 2009.
Luke Donald, who is leading the BMW PGA Championship in England, can overtake Rory McIlroy in the world ranking with a solo eighth place finish or better
Because more than 78 players made the cut at Colonial there was a secondary cut on Saturday and seven players failed to advance to Sunday. It’s the first 54-hole cut on Tour since New Orleans.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots