THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Here are some things that You Oughta Know going into the final round of the World Challenge:
• Graeme McDowell is making his third start at the World Challenge, winning in 2010 and finishing runner-up in 2009. He is seeking to join Tiger Woods (five wins) and Davis Love III (two) as multiple winners of this event.
• McDowell has owned just two 54-hole leads in official PGA Tour starts. At the 2011 Players Championship, he shot 79 to finish T-33 and at the 2012 U.S. Open, he shot 73 to finish T-2.
• As if those numbers weren’t ominous enough for McDowell, the 54-hole leader/co-leader has won the World Challenge just once in the last eight seasons (Woods in 2007).
• Keegan Bradley is in second place, trailing by two strokes after rounds of 69-69-67. In his first World Challenge start last year, he finished T-17 with rounds of 76-75-74-73.
• Woods enters the final round trailing by five strokes. Four of his five wins at this event were in come-from-behind fashion, with 2007 the exception. Last year, he entered the final round one stroke behind Zach Johnson before a closing 69 led to a one-shot win.
• Woods is seeking his 10th top-2 finish in 12 starts at this event. He finished 10th in 1999 and T-14 in 2005.
• After playing the par-5 holes in 3 under during each of the first two rounds, Woods made par on each of those holes in Saturday’s third round.