Younger Pressel qualifies to play with sister in LPGA tournament
- By Randall Mell
- Mar 12, 2013 7:28 PM ET
Madison Pressel, a senior at the University of Texas, won a spot to join her sister, two-time LPGA winner Morgan Pressel, in the North Texas LPGA Shootout next month at Las Colinas Country Club in Irving, Texas.
Pressel and University of North Carolina junior Casey Grice were co-winners of Monday’s North Texas College Shootout, a special qualifier for the new LPGA event. Pressel won the Big 12 Championship two years ago but was unable to defend her title last season because of a shoulder injury. She has worked her way back with an aim at trying to join her sister as an LPGA member through Q-School later this year.
“Being able to play my first round in an LPGA tournament with my sister will be awesome,” Madison said in an LPGA release. “I had to sit out for five months with a torn labrum, so playing this well in a competitive round really gives me some confidence heading into the finish of the college season and looking ahead to Q-School.”
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path