Dustin Johnson reportedly had a secret weapon at Kapalua, and it had nothing to do with his new TaylorMade equipment.
No, the uber-talented 28-year-old, who earned $1.1 million for beating 29 other players en route to a four-shot victory at the season-opening Hyundai Tournament of Champions, was spotted with a new lady friend.
The Great One’s daughter.
Paulina Gretzky, the daughter of hockey legend Wayne Gretzky, was seen following Johnson up and down the rolling hills on the Plantation Course.
Who is Paulina Gretzky, you ask?
She is a 24-year-old model, actress and singer. In 2011, she reportedly took down her Twitter account – it has since been restored – after her famous father noticed the racy self-photos she was posting.
Take a deep breath, and search her on Google. Exhale. Take a sip of water.
When asked about the possible dalliance Tuesday, Johnson told panting scribes in Hawaii, “I don’t know who you’re talking about.”
And then he smiled.
Life in paradise, indeed.
Tags: Dustin Johnson
Despite being known as one of the best athletes on Tour, Dustin Johnson has been forced to withdraw from a PGA Tour event because of an injury for the third consecutive week. Read More
Dustin Johnson and Zach Johnson have withdrawn from this week's European Tour event in South Korea because of 'perceived unrest.' Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management