In honor of National Peanut Day – yes, it’s legit – the GolfChannel.com team decided to get, well, a little nutty. We present you with golfers as peanuts … or one of the popular nut’s kinfolk.
Plain Peanut: Matt Kuchar
Salted peanut: Colin Montgomerie
Honey-roasted peanut: Bubba Watson
Slow-roasted peanut: Kevin Na
Boiled peanut: Boo Weekley
Creamy peanut butter: Fred Couples
Crunchy peanut butter: Jim Furyk
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich: John Daly ... washed down with a Diet Coke
Peanut butter cookie: Keegan Bradley
Peanut butter cup: Rory McIlroy
PayDay candy bar: Tiger Woods
Peanut brittle: Sergio Garcia
And lastly, what's a list of nutty players without a nod to Phil Mickelson. But he doesn't belong on this list, exactly. He's in a category of his own. Lefty isn't a peanut, he's a Phil-bert.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- R. Palmer uses local knowledge in Colonial 62
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms Rory's BMW PGA opener
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation