In honor of National Peanut Day – yes, it’s legit – the GolfChannel.com team decided to get, well, a little nutty. We present you with golfers as peanuts … or one of the popular nut’s kinfolk.
Plain Peanut: Matt Kuchar
Salted peanut: Colin Montgomerie
Honey-roasted peanut: Bubba Watson
Slow-roasted peanut: Kevin Na
Boiled peanut: Boo Weekley
Creamy peanut butter: Fred Couples
Crunchy peanut butter: Jim Furyk
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich: John Daly ... washed down with a Diet Coke
Peanut butter cookie: Keegan Bradley
Peanut butter cup: Rory McIlroy
PayDay candy bar: Tiger Woods
Peanut brittle: Sergio Garcia
And lastly, what's a list of nutty players without a nod to Phil Mickelson. But he doesn't belong on this list, exactly. He's in a category of his own. Lefty isn't a peanut, he's a Phil-bert.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots