New Nike video goes behind the scenes with McIlroy
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 18, 2013 3:41 PM ET
As he gets set to make his first start of the year in the U.S., world No. 1 Rory McIlroy appeared in a new ad released this week from equipment manufacturer Nike that goes behind the scenes with the Ulsterman.
Entitled "Team Nike: Meet Rory McIlroy," the ad showcases McIlroy on-site at prior commercial shoots, getting ready for filming or photo opportunities. The reigning PGA champion speaks throughout the 45-second commercial, noting that his recent addition to Nike is "very exciting" and explaining that fellow Swoosh-er Tiger Woods was "a huge hero" of his growing up.
After missing the cut in his only other start this year in Abu Dhabi, McIlroy enters this week's WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship as the top overall seed and will play Irishman Shane Lowry in his first-round match on Wednesday. See full video of the commercial below:
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on ban: 'Not going to roll over and accept this'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth