New Nike video goes behind the scenes with McIlroy
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 18, 2013 3:41 PM ET
As he gets set to make his first start of the year in the U.S., world No. 1 Rory McIlroy appeared in a new ad released this week from equipment manufacturer Nike that goes behind the scenes with the Ulsterman.
Entitled "Team Nike: Meet Rory McIlroy," the ad showcases McIlroy on-site at prior commercial shoots, getting ready for filming or photo opportunities. The reigning PGA champion speaks throughout the 45-second commercial, noting that his recent addition to Nike is "very exciting" and explaining that fellow Swoosh-er Tiger Woods was "a huge hero" of his growing up.
After missing the cut in his only other start this year in Abu Dhabi, McIlroy enters this week's WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship as the top overall seed and will play Irishman Shane Lowry in his first-round match on Wednesday. See full video of the commercial below:
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process