"The photographer asked me if I felt comfortable being naked in front of a camera, and I went, 'Well, here I am,' You kind of get used to it." – Suzann Pettersen, on appearing nude in ESPN The Magazine's annual "Body Issue".
"You can have so many different weather conditions. You just don't know. That's one of the unique things about the British Open and why it's my favorite major championship." – Tiger Woods, on why the British Open is his favorite of the four majors.
"I don’t agree that golf should be in the Olympics, It’s like the tennis, who even knows who won the gold medal in the tennis? These guys are playing every week for millions of dollars and an Olympic gold medal in their house isn’t going to take pride of place." – Australian pro Brendan Jones, explaining why he doesn't think golf belongs in the Olympics.
"I don't know where that happened along the way, whether it was last year or whether it was five, 10 years ago. (I started) to really enjoy the tough weather conditions and I hope that it's that way next week, too." – Phil Mickelson, on the playing conditions he hopes to see at next week's British Open.
''He told me to get it done. And he also threw me a jab, saying 'Only one of us has won four in a row.''' – Steve Stricker, on the advice he got from Tiger Woods heading into this weeks John Deere Classic. Stricker was attempting to win the John Deere for the fourth straight year.
"(Woods) was very pumped up these last couple days for me. He was very supportive. It's nice, when other greats like this do believe in me. They push me further, even in the rain delay, when they cheer you on. I wish him the best, as well." – Roger Federer, crediting Tiger Woods after winning Wimbledon to claim his 17th major championship.
"It's too surreal now to think I'll be playing in the Masters. Once I get that invitation, it will hit me." – University of Florida Senior T.J. Vogel, who earned a spot in next year's Masters by winning the U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots