Numbers don't lie. But what do they really say? Each day in the Grill Room, we will offer up a daily stat from the world of golf for you to chew on. Today's nugget:
Over the years, there have been 20 hole-in-ones at the multiples courses that have hosted the Scottish Open. Yet, only one was recorded at Carnoustie Golf Links, host from 1995-96, and it belonged to David Feherty.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management