Manuel De Los Santos’ journey to golf is unlike any other. Baseball was Santos’ original passion before a motorcycle accident in 2003 took the lower half of his left leg. After being inspired by the film “The Legend of Bagger Vance,” the Dominican Republic native took up the game.
Santos’ learned the to play under unusual circumstances, hitting every shot off only one leg. He has since perfected balancing on his right leg alone and has competed in numerous amateur tournaments in France and pro-ams on the European Tour. Golf is much more than a game of birdies and pars to Santos. He says the game has given him a reason to smile again.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae