Reflecting on the passing of Jim Huber, Miceli said that in the media tent, you run into a lot of people and at times it is similar to high school in that there are cliques and groups. But with Huber, he would talk to everybody and would sit down with anyone at any time. He was very congenial and very kind although he was also very unassuming. Huber was a great writer and great broadcaster and he will be greatly missed.
When it comes to the odds for the 2012 Masters, he finds it interesting that Tiger Woods is always the favorite at Augusta National despite the fact that he has not won there in 7 years and when you look at the past few years, one would always be better taking the field than taking the favorite. He thinks that Luke Donald is too high on the list of favorites and wonders why Defending Champion Charl Schwartzel is so low. It is so difficult to win at Augusta National in your first appearance so he does not tend to pick rookies but one person who is being a bit overlooked and would be a good value pick is Gary Woodland. Woodland is 80-1 and Miceli thinks he should be higher and also thinks that Webb Simpson should be higher than 40-1.
Reacting to the news that there will be no changes in 2012 to the FedExCup system, he is not uncomfortable with the news because you need to have a longer record before tinkering with the format too much. The PGA TOUR seems very comfortable with how the FedExCup Champion is determined but Miceli would still recommend that the TOUR Championship change to include match play in the tournament but overall he feels good with the decision by the PGA TOUR not to make changes this year.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management