Golf Channel Contributor Alex Miceli is in Dublin, Ohio this week for the Memorial Tournament. Miceli broke the story that Couples and Price would be selected as the 2013 Presidents Cup team captains.
Bubba Watson is making his first tournament appearance since the Zurich Classic of New Orleans and it is understandable that he and Angie would be exhausted after adopting their son Caleb as well as experiencing what it is like to win a Major Championship. He seemed exhausted during his news conference on Tuesday but Miceli feels that Bubba is starting to get used to the changes in his life and expects that he will play well this week and go to Olympic Club feeling ready to play.
Rory McIlroy has missed two cuts in a row recently and he has decided to play this week and next week in Memphis to prepare himself for his U.S. Open defense at Olympic Club. Players prepare for Majors in many different ways and Rory feels that he needs to prepare by playing more golf. He hopes that by playing more golf he will be able to go to the Olympic Club with a swing that he can feel confident about. However, Miceli is not surprised by this decision because he understands how Rory wants to play more and he has talked about playing in Memphis in the past.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path