Golf Channel Contributor Alex Miceli is in Dublin, Ohio this week for the Memorial Tournament. Miceli broke the story that Couples and Price would be selected as the 2013 Presidents Cup team captains.
Bubba Watson is making his first tournament appearance since the Zurich Classic of New Orleans and it is understandable that he and Angie would be exhausted after adopting their son Caleb as well as experiencing what it is like to win a Major Championship. He seemed exhausted during his news conference on Tuesday but Miceli feels that Bubba is starting to get used to the changes in his life and expects that he will play well this week and go to Olympic Club feeling ready to play.
Rory McIlroy has missed two cuts in a row recently and he has decided to play this week and next week in Memphis to prepare himself for his U.S. Open defense at Olympic Club. Players prepare for Majors in many different ways and Rory feels that he needs to prepare by playing more golf. He hopes that by playing more golf he will be able to go to the Olympic Club with a swing that he can feel confident about. However, Miceli is not surprised by this decision because he understands how Rory wants to play more and he has talked about playing in Memphis in the past.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management