In her first Morning Drive appearance of 2012, Annika started by saying that in reference to a lot of big names deciding to skip the Hyundai Tournament of Champions, she finds it very interesting that a lot of players would choose to skip an event that is very special and very exclusive. Personally, she would take some time off before starting the season again so she can understand the decision although she still finds it surprising to skip an event like this.
If she were to be voted into an event like the TOC by the fans, she said that she was not sure if she would change her playing schedule just because the fans voted her in. Her main concern was that by changing her schedule, she would be unable to prepare for her year and for the Majors in the way that she felt she needed to.
Looking ahead to Tiger’s 2012 season, she does not know what he will do this year but the win he had at the Chevron World Challenge was huge for so many reasons and she knows that it meant a great deal to him. While she does not think that he will contend as often as he has in the past, he will play well and she looks forward to seeing Tiger tee it up against the best in the world at Abu Dhabi later this month.
She is teaming with Jack Nicklaus to try to win the contract to design the 2016 Olympic course and while she cannot say too much right now, it will be a big decision in February when the Olympic Committee announces the winner and she is looking forward to hearing the news.
She is communicating a lot with the LPGA Tour and she is very excited about some schedule changes in 2012 along with the debut of Lexi Thompson as an LPGA Tour member. On the report that there will be an announcement of a new event in Hawaii for 2012, she had not heard the news but she is excited about this development.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots