When asked about the current debate over the anchoring of the putter, Annika said that she is not surprised to hear the USGA and R&A as well as numerous players taking on this issue. She agrees that the long putter takes an element of putting out of the game which can have an impact during pressure situations. During her career, she always used a standard length putter and she was and is not interested in using a long putter so she would not be too sad if the long putter and/or the anchoring of the putter to your body were outlawed by the USGA and R&A.
The Evian Masters is being played this week in France and it will become the fifth Major on the LPGA Tour beginning in 2013. The idea of this event becoming the fifth Major has been discussed for many years in large part because the event has a Major feel to it. She as well as many others have supported of the idea of adding a fifth Major and she is very happy to see that the Evian Masters will have Major status beginning next year. Annika added that there have been times in the history of the LPGA Tour where there were only three Majors so she does not believe that it is written in stone that there have to be four Majors and only four Majors on the LPGA Tour.
Caddies are very important to the success of a player on the golf course and it is an important relationship. Sometimes players need to switch caddies simply to have a new person to talk to and a new perspective and that is why Yani Tseng has decided to switch caddies. The World #1 is working very hard every week and she wants to win every time she plays in a tournament. Annika said that Yani seems to be working too hard to win instead of letting everything fall into place naturally.
Latanna Stone has qualified for the U.S. Women’s Amateur at the age of 10 and she has seen Latanna several times at her Academy as she works with her sister Charlotta Sorenstam. It is amazing to think that someone that young can achieve something that significant. Her hope for Latanna is that she will be able to truly enjoy the experience as well as learn some valuable lessons that she can take with her when she competes in future tournaments.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process