The fans are having a great time out at the Tavistock Cup. Everyone is so engaged when they are watching the players and the thing that they love the most is how intimate the atmosphere is. Fans can get very close to the players and even interact with them which is very special.
Lake Nona is a classic golf course in that you have to drive the ball straight in order to play well and the fact that the greens are rolling very fast make the course even more challenging. As we saw yesterday, there are low scores out there but you have to play well.
Paul McGinley was a soccer player before he became a golfer and he has had seven leg surgeries. He is 45 years old and is working hard on his game even as his practice sessions have to be limited. His goal is to become a European Ryder Cup team captain in the future and he is enjoying playing for Team Queenwood this week.
In her second appearance on Morning Drive, she began by discussing her conversation with Adam Scott. He is always calm, cool, and collected on the course and he told Annika that he has always been a good ball striker but he has worked very hard to improve his short game and his putting. His goal is of course to win but the reality is if you win once or twice, you have had a great year. It is unlikely today to win 5 or 6 times in one year. He is also very confident about The Masters.
Trevor Immelman has had some injury issues over the past few years and right now he is working on rotating his hip more to improve his game. When he is able to do that, he hits the ball very well.
Former LPGA Tour player Jan Stephenson is at the Tavistock Cup wearing Isleworth red and Annika joked that she almost did not talk to Jan. Stephenson is spending much of her time in her native Australia and is putting a charity golf tournament together to benefit children in Australia. It was a pleasant surprise to see Jan and it is great to know that she is doing great work for worthy causes.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WD's from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth