When asked about the LPGA Tour’s decision to put players’ Twitter handles on caddie bibs, Annika said that she is very supportive of the idea because the players love Twitter and it is a great way to promote the players as well as the LPGA Tour.
When she played on the LPGA Tour, she had a very single-minded focus on her game and she did not know if she would have been able to handle the numerous marketing responsibilities that players deal with today including hosting Morning Drive, being active on Twitter, conducting more interviews, etc. So much has changed in just the three years since she stepped away from competitive golf and while it is very exciting to watch, she questions whether or not she would have been able to handle those duties.
Annika runs an elite AJGA event and while she has not personally seen any players be penalized for slow play, she has certainly heard how much the AJGA has stressed pace of play. Slow play has become such a negative issue for golf and the AJGA feels that it is very important to teach proper habits as early as possible because they will be the players on the professional tours in the future. If they have the same bad habits as current players when it comes to slow play, the problem will not get any better and the game of golf will continue to get hurt.
Muirfield Village was one of the best venues that the Solheim Cup has ever had. She was a member of the European Solheim Cup team that year and her sister was with the team as well which made the experience extra special. Everything about the facility from the course and the clubhouse to the club staff was absolutely perfect. All of the players stayed on the grounds of Muirfield Village which made the week just that much more special.
Jack Nicklaus and 2012 Memorial Tournament honoree Tom Watson were very competitive when they played but it is a very special thing to see these two legends and former fierce competitors have great respect for each other to the point of becoming very emotional. In her opinion, it does not take a great deal of time to have respect for your fellow competitor because the very nature of the game of golf encourages sportsmanship and respect for your fellow player.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly