Rearden is the tournament director and co-founder of the Golf Channel Invitational for The First Tee which was held at the World Golf Hall of Fame this past weekend. The tournament is all about the kids who are involved with The First Tee and helping them to grow and develop not just as golfers but as people as well.
When the First Tee started, a lot of people did not know about it in the golf community and there was a misunderstanding of what The First Tee did. This event promotes The First Tee by bringing the kids and corporate sponsors together in the tournament and then showing the highlights of this event on Golf Channel which brings exposure of The First Tee to many others. What this event hopefully does is promote exactly what the First Tee does.
The tournament this year went great. The weather was beautiful and there were 96 kids and 96 adults from many different parts of this country who came together to help The First Tee. Everyone had a great time and really enjoyed each other’s company.
The kids got to be in groups with the adults as part of the Chapter Challenge Presented by Shell where the kids had a chance to experience communicating and socializing with adults. The purpose of the challenge is to bring the kids to the adults but as much as the kids enjoy it, the adults involved enjoy it as much if not more.
Tags: The First Tee
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process