Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Member Charles Barkley played in the American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe last week and he sat down with Golf Channel’s Win McMurry. This year marked his 18th appearance in the American Century Championship and his best finish was 60th in 1995. If he were playing as a pro, he would not be enjoying himself but since he is not a professional golfer, he always looks forward to this event in part because Lake Tahoe is such a beautiful place and gets to spend time with some great friends and meet some new people.
Hank Haney is one of the best people he has ever met and one of the hardest working people he has ever met. One of the main reasons he plays golf is because it is one of the few places where he can spend an extended period of time and not be bothered by anyone. He has never really done well when it comes to golf but that is OK because he has had such a great life and he enjoys the time spent on the course.
It feels wonderful to have lost a lot of weight because after he retired from basketball, he got lazy and gained a lot of weight. The key to his weight loss is being able to change your eating habits. He is still able to eat what he wants but he eats less of it and has also added fruits and vegetables to his daily meals. It is very important to stay in shape and he is glad that he has finally started to focus on that again.
Tiger Woods has won three times this year so there is no doubt that he is back. While he thinks that Tiger will win Majors again, he will not dominate golf the way he used to because there are now so many great young players who will give him a lot of competition. The players that are coming up through the ranks today are in many ways clones of Tiger Woods in terms of their work ethic, fitness, and power. Although he and Tiger do not talk to each other, he is a fan of Tiger’s and wishes him all the best.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae