Chris Kirk is a PGA TOUR rookie who won the Viking Classic on the PGA TOUR in July of this year. He is playing at home this week in St. Simons Island and that fact is almost entirely positive as he is able to play a course he knows very well and sleep in his own bed. St. Simons Island is a wonderful place to call home as he travels about 30 weeks a year and it is great to come home to a place like this. He and his wife are expecting a boy and while he did not openly root for a boy, he did root for a boy secretly and is very excited. Two fellow Georgia Bulldogs have won on the Nationwide Tour while still in college but he could not have imagined winning on a professional tour while still in college. When he left college and turned professional, it was a completely different world and a big wake up call. Harris English, Russell Henley, and British Amateur Champion Bryden Macpherson are incredibly good players for the Georgia Bulldogs and it is exciting to see them have so much success. He has been mentored by both Davis Love III and Mark Love since he moved to St. Simons Island and they have been incredibly helpful and generous with their time since he moved to the area.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process