Golf Channel on NBC Host Dan Hicks is the Play-by-Play Announcer for Swimming during NBC’s coverage of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games from London. In advance of the start of the London Olympics, he spent a few days in Paris watching the swim team train. The last three Olympics, in fact, he has gone over early to watch the teams train and also to interview the athletes. The Opening Ceremonies are on Friday and the Swimming competition beginning on Saturday and there are many opportunities for history to be made. He feels that the U.S. has a great team and expects that they will do well in London this year.
All of the athletes in the Olympics have very interesting stories but the ones that he likes to focus on the most are the first-time Olympians. In many cases, the first-time Olympians are just excited to be there and their enthusiasm is unabashed and infectious. When you see interviews of these athletes, you tend to fall in love with them.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Huh eagles first hole of Travelers
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights strong Travelers field | Groups
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path