Golf Channel on NBC Host Dan Hicks is the Play-by-Play Announcer for Swimming during NBC’s coverage of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games from London. In advance of the start of the London Olympics, he spent a few days in Paris watching the swim team train. The last three Olympics, in fact, he has gone over early to watch the teams train and also to interview the athletes. The Opening Ceremonies are on Friday and the Swimming competition beginning on Saturday and there are many opportunities for history to be made. He feels that the U.S. has a great team and expects that they will do well in London this year.
All of the athletes in the Olympics have very interesting stories but the ones that he likes to focus on the most are the first-time Olympians. In many cases, the first-time Olympians are just excited to be there and their enthusiasm is unabashed and infectious. When you see interviews of these athletes, you tend to fall in love with them.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play