Golf Channel on NBC Host Dan Hicks joined Morning Drive as a Mystery Guest to surprise guest host Ahmad Rashad on Tuesday morning. Hicks began by joking that with Rory McIlroy reducing his schedule to 22 or 23 events in 2013, Ahmad Rashad will be reducing his number of annual rounds to under 400 next year before adding that he and Ahmad played golf together often when Ahmad was first starting to play. In fact, Hicks played a key role in helping Ahmad secure his first membership to a country club and soon, Ahmad began to play golf all of the time and his handicap went down very quickly.
Ahmad is a joy to play golf with and one of the greatest things about him as a playing partner is that he never gets mad at himself and he never gets down on himself on the course. Also, both he and Ahmad enjoy a fine cigar when they are on the golf course.
When asked about the 2012 Ryder Cup, Hicks said that it was one of the most amazing experiences he has ever had as a broadcaster and that the event had an electricity and an intensity to it that was unbelievable. In fact, it was so amazing that he found himself on the edge of his seat when he watched the replays on Golf Channel.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots