When he finished tied for 4th in the 1994 Open Championship, he played with Fuzzy Zoeller in the last two rounds and those were the two most enjoyable rounds he had ever played when he was under pressure. It was a very different experience from 1989 when he finished T6 at Royal Troon. He remembered looking at the leaderboard and seeing names like Norman, Grady, and Calcavecchia and thinking that he was not going to be the player to win the Claret Jug. He was more concerned about making a big mistake that would become one of those infamous moments in the history of the tournament.
Brandt Snedeker is someone that more people need to emulate when it comes to how you are as a person and how you play on the golf course. Snedeker is someone who makes up his mind very quickly on the golf course and is one of the faster players on the PGA TOUR. Slow play is killing the game of golf and if more people played fast, it would have a significant impact.
Links courses are supposed to be brown with a little bit of green but Royal Lytham & St. Annes is very green because of all of the rain. The most distinctive thing about links golf is the bunkering. The pot bunker is a lost art like the thatched roof. Links golf is target golf except that the target is moving. In the U.S., you stop worrying about the ball after it lands but in Britain, you start worrying about the ball after it lands. Another part of the links golf experience is the caddie and most people when they play in Great Britain and Ireland have caddies.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose