Tiger and Rory seem to have a great respect and affinity towards one another and this is different from the relationships that Tiger has with other players that he competes against. The fact is that Rory is such a great person with so much talent that you cannot help but like him. Also, whenever you win two Majors by 8 strokes each you will earn a great deal of respect from your peers. Feherty wondered if it were possible that Tiger looks at Rory and sees that he is someone that he wishes he were back when he was 23 years old.
Tiger and Rory conducted their post-round interview together which was a bit unusual. There are only two reasons why this happened: either the show producer was running out of time and he needed to interview both players in a short period of time or they just are really comfortable around each other. Rory McIlroy and other young players who have grown up watching Tiger now go to the course not only with the hope of winning but also the expectation of winning which is very different from generations past.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Huh eagles first hole of Travelers
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights strong Travelers field | Groups
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path