David Pillsbury is the President of PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties. TPC Harding Park is the 4,000th course to offer tee-time access through GolfNow.com. At the last U.S. Open at The Olympic Club, Harding Park was in such bad shape that it was used as a parking lot during that week. In 2002-2003, a massive reclamation project started which aimed to put Harding Park back on the map. It hosted a WGC event in 2005, a Presidents Cup in 2009, and has hosted the Charles Schwab Cup Championship in 2010 and 2011. It is one of the wonderful public courses in the country and he is also proud to say that it is one of 31 courses in the TPC network. If you are in San Francisco, you should try to play TPC Harding Park.
In support of The First Tee, PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties has donated over 100,000 reclaimed golf balls to the program and they have also raised a great deal of money to support the organization. The First Tee chapter in San Francisco has positively impacted the lives of thousands of kids in the area. Sandy Tatum has been absolutely instrumental in driving the reclamation of Harding Park as well as the success of The First Tee chapter. GolfNow.com has also been very helpful by making tee times accessible online to people anywhere in the world.
Tags: The First Tee
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots