Davis Love III is a St. Simons Island resident and is the official host of The McGladrey Classic at Sea Island Golf Club. Zach Johnson and Chris DiMarco helped bring McGladrey to his attention and they have done a phenomenal job as sponsor of this event. Later today, he is looking forward to giving a check for $1 million to Golf 9/12 which is a wonderful organization and a wonderful initiative for golf and more. Last year, his brother Mark played a bigger role as tournament host because he was in Wales as an assistant captain for the U.S. team in the Ryder Cup. His wife Robin joked that she would rather be in Wales because of all of the work involved. The Pairings Party was held at his house last night and they were very happy that for the second straight year the weather was very nice and everyone had a wonderful time with a number of people staying up late cleaning up the mess from the party. It has been a great week so far and he is excited about the first round tomorrow.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth