Dr. Sanjay Khurana is a board certified orthopedic spinal surgeon. He has performed over 1,700 spinal surgeries and when he hears about Dustin Johnson’s condition, he thinks that it is not surprising for a high-level professional golfer to have a back injury because a lot of stress is put onto those muscles. He hopes that it is a minor injury and that Dustin will be able to return to the golf course soon.
The most common question that he hears is how and why such back pain occurs. He wonders if Dustin has a history of other pain that may be located in his legs or his knees. The first thing that someone like Dustin needs to do is to simply back away and take some time off from hitting golf balls and further stressing his muscles. If time does not work, then he may have to go to a doctor to have more extensive x-rays and analysis.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots