- Following Phil
After a disappointing 1st round 73, Phil Mickelson is trying to improve on that score in the morning wave of the second round of The Open Championship.
- Great Scott
Seeking his first Major Championship victory, Adam Scott carded 8 birdies and 2 bogeys in a 1st round 6-under 64. He has 3 top 10's in his last 6 Major starts.
- Sinister 6th
The par 4 6th hole played the most difficult on Thursday, with a scoring average of 4.538. The good news was that the par 5 7th played the easiest.
- Soggy South
Thunderstorms brought the first round of the True South Classic to a standstill. Jason Bohn led the early wave with an 8-under 64. 65 players will complete the 1st round this morning, starting at 9:30am ET.
- Big Bucks for Yahoo’s New CEO
- U.S. Automakers Adding Jobs
- New Student Loan Debt Study
7:05a ET: Steve Sands, Golf Channel Reporter
7:12a ET: Bertha Coombs, CNBC Business Report
7:30a ET: Frank Nobilo, Golf Channel Analyst
8:15a ET: John Feinstein, Golf Channel Contributor
8:30a ET: Tim Rosaforte, Golf World Senior Writer
8:45a ET: Arnold Palmer, 2-time Open Champion
9:00a ET: Brandel Chamblee, Golf Channel Analyst
9:45a ET: Tom Abbott, Golf Channel Reporter
10:00a ET: David Feherty, Golf Channel Contributor
10:20a ET: Win McMurry, Golf Channel Reporter
10:45a ET: Ken Schofield, Former European Tour Exec. Director
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“Learning to Fly” by Pink Floyd
“London Calling” by The Clash
“Come Together” by The Beatles
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Monday, July 23
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGA of America | USGA
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae