- Lots of Love
Davis Love III not only made a hole-in-one at the 5th hole in The Honda Classic, he also made 5 more birdies en route to a 1st round 64. He's 6-under par and has a 2-shot lead over 8 players including Rory McIlroy and Justin Rose.
- Putting Problems
So frustrated with his putting during his 1st round 1-over 7, Tiger Woods practiced AFTER his round Thursday. He had 34 putts which was tied for 139th out of 144 players.
- Panama Power
Justin Hicks carded 6 birdies and an eagle to take a one-shot lead thru 1 round in the Nationwide Tour's Panama Claro Championship.
- Back in Action
Annika Sorenstam and Lorena Ochoa will compete again -- this time for charity. Annika will team up with Suzann Pettersen and Lorena with Yani Tseng this September in the Suzann Pro Challenge in Norway. It will raise money for the Right To Play children's charity.
- Apple iPad Plans
- Zynga’s Move Away From Facebook
- Yelp IPO Set at $15 per Share
- AT&T Changing Unlimited Data Plans
7:12a ET: Jackie DeAngelis, CNBC Business Report
7:15 & 8:15a ET: Jason Sobel, GolfChannel.com Senior Writer
7:30a ET: Pat Finlen, The Olympic Club
8:30a ET: Frank Nobilo, Golf Channel Analyst
8:45a ET: Mark Rolfing, Golf Channel on NBC Analyst
WATCH & LISTEN TO TODAY'S ACTION
Morning Drive Best of the Week March 3, 2012 > Listen Now
*WEB EXCLUSIVE* Expectations for the 2nd round at the Honda Classic > Watch Now
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“Since You’re Gone” by The Cars
“Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
“Panama” by Van Halen
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Saturday, March 3
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth