- King of Turkey
Justin Rose and Lee Westwood met in the final match of the first annual Turkish Airlines World Golf Final. Although Westwood shot a 67 in the medal match play format, Rose was one stroke better with a 66 to win the title and $1.5 million.
- Nick over Nic
Nick O'Hern tied a course record 9-under 62 in the first round of the Frys.com Open to open up a 3-shot lead over Nicolas Colsaerts, Jhonattan Vegas, and Derek Ernst.
- Choi's Chance
Defending Champion Na Yeon Choi shot a 2nd round 67 to get to 10-under par and build a two-shot lead heading into the weekend in the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
- Fowler Grounded
Rickie Fowler withdrew from two events in Asia -- the KOLON Korea Open and the CIMB Classic in Malaysia -- as he copes with a back ailment that has bothered him for months. Fowler says his doctors advised against international travel.
- Slight Increase in Mortgage Rates
- Best Buy Matching Internet Prices
- First Class Stamps Increasing in January
7:12a ET: Courtney Reagan, CNBC Business Report
7:30a ET: Jason Sobel, GolfChannel.com Senior Writer
7:45a ET: Dave Phillips, Titleist Performance Institute
7:55a ET: Damon Hack, Golf Channel Insider
8:15a ET: Mark Frost, Author
8:45a ET: Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., The First Tee
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“Magic Man” by Heart
“Higher Ground” by Stevie Wonder
“Start Me Up” by Rolling Stones
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Monday, October 15
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae