- 59 Watch
3-time European Tour winner Branden Grace shot a 12-under 60 at Kingsbarns on Thursday to equal the lowest round in tour history. Grace beat Lee Westwood's course record by two shots and only leads by two after the first round of the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.
- Moore Birdies
Ryan Moore carded 7 birdies and an eagle to tie the course record of 61 at TPC Summerlin. He's 10-under par to lead the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open by a single shot. He's a UNLV grad so he obviously felt at home yesterday.
- Gore Goes Low
Jason Gore made 9 birdies and 2 bogeys in the first round of the Web.com Tour's Neediest Kids Championship to build a two shot first round lead over 4 players.
- Simson the Senior
61-year-old Paul Simson is the best amateur in the country after defeating Curtis Skinner 4&3 in the final match of the U.S. Senior Amateur Championship. It's Simson's 2nd title in 3 years.
- Morgan Stanley’s CEO Calling for Cutbacks
- Mortgage Rates Hit Record Low
- Sony Halts Xperia Sales
6:45a ET: Jason Sobel, GolfChannel.com Senior Writer
7:12a ET: Shartia Brantley, CNBC Business Report
7:30a ET: Tripp Isenhour, Golf Channel Analyst
7:45a ET: Paul Eales, European Tour Analyst
8:15a ET: John Feinstein, Golf Channel Contributor
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“I Feel it All” by Feist
“Pride and Joy” by Stevie Ray Vaughan
“Reelin’ In The Years” by Steely Dan
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Monday, October 8
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae