Last night at the Pairings Party at Davis Love III’s house for the McGladrey Classic, he and Brandel Chamblee ended up being dressed in identical clothes and were teased about it a great deal. The party at Davis’ house is a reflection of the atmosphere and special vibe of the McGladrey Classic. It has a very intimate feel and Davis Love III spent the evening walking around and greeting everyone. He is playing with Charles Howell III in the McGladrey Classic Pro-Am today and thinks that Erik had something to do with the arrangement. He hit a few balls yesterday and he hit them well but the atmosphere of a Pro-Am is completely different than just a relaxed round with your friends. He does not know how he will play but he knows that he will have a great time. He saw Webb Simpson and although it is a Fall Series event, he is very focused on playing well this week and trying to win the PGA TOUR Money Title. Jason Sobel then noted to Gary that he was still logged into his twitter account of @GaryWilliamsGC and joked that he could have embarrassed him a great deal this morning. St. Simons Island is a great area for golf with not only the Cloister and Sea Island Golf Club being there but also Ocean Forest which hosted a Walker Cup. Davis Love III has shown that he has a great ability to build relationships as evidenced but the number of big names who have come to Sea Island to participate in a Fall Series event that he is hosting. As far as contenders, he likes David Toms although he acknowledged that a lot of the big names are playing this week after a few weeks off and may be a little rusty coming back from a break.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth