Gary is in Bermuda at the Port Royal Golf Course for the PGA Grand Slam of Golf and was joined on Morning Drive by TNT analyst Bill Kratzert. When asked what Bermuda was like, Gary just said to look behind him and that everything there is wonderful and the people are fantastic. Gary said that he is on assignment this week and he will be caddying for the U.S. Open Champion who is on a very long flight from China after participating in the week-long China Golf Challenge. He does not know how Rory will be feeling today but he knows that he like the other three players are motivated to win this special event. The key to the Pro-Am today is figuring out the golf course and Gary’s job today is to make sure that Rory has all of the right numbers. He is receiving an assist from Keegan Bradley’s caddie Pepsi who got the lowdown on the course from David Toms’ caddie. Gary was then joined by Bill Kratzert who has been a part of the PGA Grand Slam of Golf broadcast for many years. He said the renovation of Port Royal is excellent and the course is looking great. He is the least surprised that Rory McIlroy is in the field this year, Schwartzel is in second, Clarke is in third, and Bradley is fourth only because he won in his first career Major Championship start. While Rory, Schwartzel, and Bradley all have great chances to add more Majors, he thinks that Rory is the most likely to earn more Majors. The parity and the depth of all of the fields in the Major Championships will likely result in many new Major Champions in the coming years but as always, these young kids will need some luck to go their way in order to win. It is hard to handicap the field this week but he does know that you do not want to finish fourth out of four this week. He joked that a lot of weight is on Gary’s shoulders and that Rory’s success this week may rest on how he does as a caddie today.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path