Morning Drive’s Holly Sonders is playing in the Arnold Palmer Invitational Pro-Am on Wednesday as an amateur partner for Webb Simpson. She said that she is very excited to play in the Pro-Am and Gary Woodland joked with her that they let anyone on the range and she had to explain to him that she was playing in the Pro-Am. She doubts that she will be able to hit into Tiger Woods today who is in front of her group (Webb Simpson's group tees off behind Tiger's).
When it comes to prep time, she had only about two hours last night but she feels optimistic about her round because she is playing from the front tees but she would not reveal what her handicap was to Gary and Bubba. She is glad that she is not playing in the wind today.
She co-hosts School of Golf with Martin Hall and they are trying to help players become better drivers off the tee and tonight, she and Martin will welcome an up and coming PGA TOUR player as well as the tournament host himself Arnold Palmer.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth