J.J. Killeen finished at the top of the 2011 Nationwide Tour Money List which earns him a higher spot on the PGA TOUR Priority List in 2012 plus an invitation to the 2012 PLAYERS. He felt that at the start of the year he knew all of the courses and he was playing well but he ended up being a lot more consistent than he initially thought and he was able to get on a hot streak this year. He had his Dad as his caddie and his daughter celebrated her first birthday which made this year very special out on the Nationwide Tour. There were many possible scenarios during the Nationwide Tour Championship for #1 as well as #25. He knew there were a few players who could have unseated him as #1 on the Money List but he was very happy that he was able to stay on top to close the season. The PGA TOUR will bring many changes in terms of schedule, equipment, endorsement opportunities, and other things but while he does not plan to change much from 2011, he is open to new opportunities if they will help his game. His game has changed a lot since he was growing up on the West Coast so he needs to go into each event with a game plan and an open mind. Two weeks ago, he played the Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass and had a great time and he is looking forward to returning to that course for the 2012 PLAYERS as it is the unofficial 5th Major. Among the other members of the 25 who are going to the 2012 PGA TOUR, he is paying attention to several players including Jason Kokrak, Russell Knox, and Ted Potter but the fact is that everyone played so well just to get into the top 25 and as a result, everyone could have a great 2012. He is a bit disappointed in his San Diego Chargers so far in 2011 but he is looking forward to attending their game this weekend and hopes they play better.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Byron Nelson final round
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play