Gore is very excited about getting the sponsor’s exemption via Twitter but he never thought that this was even possible. He had no idea that this little idea would blow up the way it did and he spent the entire time standing back because he did not want to be seen as someone who was begging the people on Twitter and the Northern Trust Open folks for a Sponsor’s Exemption.
He did celebrate the news however he did not eat a lot because he has lost 42 pounds. His doctor had told him that he was borderline diabetic and his father died of a heart attack that was driven by diabetes. He just decided to get off his butt and lose the weight because he did not want to be unhealthy and overweight anymore.
He and Carson Daly played some junior golf together and in his opinion, Daly is a better broadcaster than a golfer but they have had a lot of fun playing golf together over the years and now they both have children and it is great to be able to have shared experiences.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots