GolfChannel.com Senior Writer Jason Sobel is in England this week for the 141st Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St. Annes. Rain is expected every day this week at Royal Lytham & St. Annes although it has not rained so far on Tuesday although it is likely to rain later in the day. No one really knows what will ultimately happen with the weather and there is concern that if there is too much rain, some bunkers will be taken out of play because they will be flooded.
It has been a tough year on the golf course for Darren Clarke since he won The Open Championship. His best finish is T17 in the 2012 Volvo World Match Play and that was for failing to advance out of the first round. Clarke seemed a bit relieved to hand the Claret Jug back to the R&A and he would like to return to a level of golf where he was able to win not only The Open Championship but also another event on the 2011 European Tour.
One day after a British tabloid took a quote from Tiger Woods out of context when he said that in places the rough was unplayable, he held a News Conference. In Sobel’s opinion, while Tiger was not the most exciting person to come to the microphone, he seemed very relaxed and had some interesting reflections on his T22 finish in the 1996 Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St. Annes as an amateur.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots