Rory McIlroy will win the Race to Dubai despite only winning one co-sanctioned European Tour event – the PGA Championship. Townsend said that it is a pet peeve of his to say that a player has won x number of European Tour events when in reality he has won Majors and/or WGC events that are co-sanctioned but not run by the European Tour. Townsend does not think these events should count towards the European Tour because the large purses inflate the earnings of players who get into these events even if they do not win. While McIlroy won 4 times on the PGA TOUR, he is considered to have won just once on the European Tour and he has earned so much money from co-sanctioned events that he could win the Money Titles in Japan and South Africa despite not playing on those tours.
Matteo Manassero earned his 3rd win on Sunday in Singapore and both his body and his swing are changing. The 19-year-old has grown in terms of his body shape and while he will never be known as a very long hitter, his distance has improved and his swing has improved. He is still a very young man and he has a lot of potential to do great things.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path